Terms and conditions
Bookings are accepted on the explicit understanding that clients agree to our terms and conditions, as outlined below, and is also obtainable from the office.
Whilst all reasonable care and precautions are taken to ensure your pet receives proper care during its stay, it is distinctly understood that no liability is incurred by the Proprietors in respect of any loss or damage to the animals through sickness, injury, escape, or from any cause whatsoever.
2. ACCESS TO FACILITIES
- NO UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS WILL BE ALLOWED ACCESS INTO THE FACILITIES.
- CLIENTS NEED TO MAKE APPOINTMENTS WHEN ACCESS FOR WHATEVER REASON IS REQUIRED, AT ALL TIMES.
- COVID PROTOCOLS APPLY AT ALL TIMES.
- QUARANTINE AREAS ARE OUT OF BOUNDS TO ALL VISITORS.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to animals that do not meet our criteria iro health and temperament requirements.
- All required paperwork as specified by office staff has to be received and approved in our office prior to admission.
- Payment conditions need to be met prior to admission of pets.
- Prices quoted apply at time of writing and could be subject to change at any time.
- If it is necessary to extend your booking while away, please note we have to be notified of these date changes, and while we will make every effort to accommodate you, this is subject to space being available
- Occupation is based on the number of nights on site, with 10am check out deadline.
- If pets stay later than 10am, that day will be charged.
- Our boarding fees exclude food and any extras required, as defined on the Booking application.
- The Proprietor reserves the right to use discretion where extenuating circumstances apply.
- We strongly recommend that pets have a microchip inserted, wear a collar and name-tag with contact numbers.
- Viewings are welcome, by appointment during non-peak times, when it does not clash with kennel activities.
- Long term boarders may be visited by special arrangement only.
- We provide all essential items required to make your pet comfortable. However you may supply extras, to be specified in writing, at your own risk, and on the clear understanding that no responsibility is accepted for damages or lost property.
- Viewing and visits are not allowed during peak season.
- We strongly recommend that male pets over 6 months be neutered, and reserve the right to refuse admission if they are not.
4. MINIMUM STAYS
- A Minimum Rate applies iro any short bookings of 7 days or less
- The daily rate is based upon the pet’s requirements.
5. LONG TERM BOOKINGS
- Long term boarders: (i.e. 30 days plus) are accepted on the basis that a special long term boarding contact including detailed payment terms is signed
- One month’s boarding is always payable in advance, starting 7 days prior to pets arriving and thereafter, 7 days prior to the start of the new month.
- Failure to adhere to these terms will result in the implementation of our Payment Terms iro non-payment of accounts.
- Where owners will not be contactable during the period booked, the full amount is payable in advance.
6. PAYMENT TERMS
- We operate on a strictly cash in advance payment basis, and the full period booked is chargeable
- Bookings are only considered Confirmed upon receipt of your signed booking application form together with a non-refundable deposit. The deposit will be applied as cancellation fee in the event of cancellation.
- The full balance becomes payable on due date as instructed in the relevant booking correspondence.
- Extras incurred while your pet stayed in the kennels will be charged to your account and must be settled at departure.
- Animals will not be able to check out before the account has been paid. If these accounts are not paid and as result the animals are not collected within 3 days after due date, they will be considered abandoned as per clause 6.g.
- Any animals not collected within 3 days after the booking has expired, will be considered ABANDONED and ownership will transfer to the kennels.
- The kennels have the right to hand such abandoned pets to the SPCA.
- All dates booked are chargeable unless proper cancellation notice is given, (refer 7.b.)
- No refunds are due iro early (date) collections unless the proper advance notice has been given:
- Peak season – 30 days
- Off season – 7 days.
- Where cancellations are caused by unavoidable events (e.g. Covid Lockdown) the credit balance will be held for 6 months. If not used within that period it will lapse.
8. PET HEALTH
- The proprietor has the right to seek veterinary advice for any boarder which develops signs of illness whilst boarding.
- The Wellness Form completed as part of the booking package allows the kennels to use discretion regarding essential treatments. Without this permission we will unfortunately not be able to take the required care of your pets.
- Any veterinary attention necessary while the animal is at the premises will be at the owner’s expense.
- Vaccination records in line with our requirements are compulsory. No boarders will be accepted unless up-to-date vaccination certificates iro all relevant diseases as outlined in our vaccination form has been submitted at least 14 days prior to arrival.
- These have to be administered at least 14 days prior to arrival at the kennels, and must be valid for the duration of the stay.
- Should the vaccinations have to be updated during the stay, the owner must please make advance arrangements to have the pets vaccinated for their own account. Please discuss with our office staff.
- Parasite control is essential (Flea control and De-worming) Where we find any animal not meeting these requirements, we will do the treatments for the account of the client.
- If your pet suffers from a manageable health problem, requiring special care or medical attention, please ask your vet to provide full details of the condition and steps required to treat this condition.
- If your animal(s) requires medication during its stay, written instructions plus adequate medication must please be provided at check in.
- Clients/Vets have to disclose any medical history, or records iro contagious diseases your pet may have been in contact with, that may pose a threat to other animals. (Example Snuffles, Kennel Cough, HIV or Feline leukaemia)
- Failure to provide such information will be regarded in a very serious light and will lead to your animals being put into quarantine for your account.
- We cannot accept boarders that suffer from high-risk health problems, are frail or obese.
- Should pets require special diets the owner must provide these items in clearly marked containers.
9. CLOSED ON SUNDAYS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
- A surcharge equal to a full day’s boarding will apply if service is required outside office hours.
- After hours service is subject to kennel office staff being available, at an agreed time
09h00 – 13h00; 14h00 – 16h00
09h00 – 11h00